#TBT Review: Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers

Sorry for the lack of posts in the past few days, I've been sick as a dog! Today I'm going to give myself a blast from the past and review the very first coloured lip products I ever wore- Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers. They were a huge turning point in my makeup-wearing career.



Raisin was the first shade I owned, picked up at a Cracker Barrel during a particularly long, heinous drive to Florida when I was in the seventh grade. This is actually its second incarnation- I still have the first one, but it's too gross to show you.


(Top to Bottom- Caramel, Cocoa, Raisin)

Caramel is a sheer light pinky-brown with shimmer. I wear it when I'm feeling lazy.

Cocoa is a plum-brown with shimmer.

Raisin is a berry red with shimmer.

They're all moderately glossy.



Caramel.


Cocoa.


Raisin.

I like these because they're pepperminty- they definitely make your lips tingle, while adding some easy colour that you don't need a mirror to apply. They're easy to slip into your pocket and slimmer than most chapsticks.

Unfortunately, I do find these to be very drying on my lips, which I'm pretty sure is the exact opposite of its intended function. Still, I keep them in my bag for those days where I run out the door and forget to put anything on my lips. They wear about 3 hours, and Raisin leaves a faint stain on the lips.

I think these Lip Shimmers (especially the lighter shades) are a good jumping-off point for young girls who have an interest in makeup! I can definitely see myself purchasing more if I found them on sale, but I don't wear these enough to warrant repurchasing on any other terms.

Happy #throwbackthursday everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!