Review: Wet N Wild 8 Pan Palette in Comfort Zone

You know, for something that is the first neutral palette I ever bought, this thing isn't very neutral. It is, however, a diverse but approachable collection of good-quality eyeshadow. I wouldn't say that the quality of this is on par with Urban Decay, but definitely Too Faced, if a bit denser.


The Comfort Zone has eight shadows arranged in two "looks"; therefore, each look is organized into four categories: browbone, eyelid, crease and definer. I wouldn't recommend using them in the order specified, but for the sake of this review I'm going to show you what that looks like later on.


Here is what I'm going to say is look 1.

Browbone is a shimmering straw colour. It tends to be a bit powdery.

Eyelid is shimmery butterscotch. The texture of this one is very impressive and smooth.

Crease is a medium warm brown satin. This one is a bit stiffer than Eyelid, so I reccomend using a densely-packed pencil brush to apply it.

Definer is a charcoal with red-brown microglitter.


And Look 2:

Browbone is a gorgeous champagne. It's got a cool greenish undertone to it and it has the best texture of the whole palette, soft and blendable.

Eyelid is a light moss green.

Crease is a dry stiff black with gold glitter. I don't tend to touch this one.

Definer is my favourite shade of the palette. It's a breathtaking duochrome similar to MAC's Club; warm copper brown with an electric blue shift. It's amazing and smooth.


And here's some blurry-ish pictures of me trying to do the Looks as prescribed.

Here's Look 1 with the Browbone, Eyelid, Crease and Definer shades all placed where they ought be:



And here's Look 2.






Here's both of them together. Yes, I was lazy (no; safety conscious! I did like 11 eye looks today for the blog) and only did one eye of each.




Here's some examples of how I actually use this palette.

Look 2's Definer all over the lid:

Look 2's Browbone and Eyelid on the lid and Look 1's Definer in the outer V:

Look 1's Browbone and Eyelid blended on the lid:



The looks you can do with this palette are virtually endless and frankly it's a must-have for any makeup beginner or lover! This is the palette I first really learned how to properly apply and blend eyeshadow with, and I love and recommend it oh so very much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!