Review: Joe Fresh Longwear Liquid Lipstick in Baie Sauvage

Do you ever have a brand that tends to be hit-and-miss for you, but you irrationally love anyway? For whatever reason, the brand that receives my irrational love is Joe Fresh cosmetics.

The first product I ever tried from them is this Longwear Liquid Lipstick in the shade Baie Sauvage (which is French for redberry, or mixed berry or something).


It claims up to 6 hours of wear and comes with a flat-edge, rounded-top sponge applicator.



Baie Sauvage is an electric neon purple that's guaranteed to turn heads.



It's a lot more wearable than it first appears, though, so don't be shy! On application it's thin and smells kind of vinegar-y, just like my Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick. It takes about two even coats to get full opacity. Dry-down takes about two minutes, and then you've got a cream appearance rather than liquid.

Does it last six hours, though? Honestly, I don't think so. This reminds me more of a lip cream than an actual liquid lipstick; it feels slightly cushiony on the lips and will transfer onto things. So, if you're, say, in school for six hours and don't do much talking/eating/drinking/nail-biting, then this will definitely last six hours. If you've got stuff to do, then no, you're going to have to reapply.

I think it's definitely worth it, though, for such gorgeous colour. I really do love this lipstick, and I may pick up a few more. It's worth noting that I do like Kat Von D's a lot better, but these are good and also 8 dollars.

I own lots of Joe Fresh but this holds a special place in my heart for being the first. The alpha. My sun, my moon and my neon purple stars.

Okay, it's a nice lip cream in an awesome colour. If you're ever in a Loblaws, YIG or Real Canadian Superstore, I recommend you check out the Joe Fresh cosmetics display! 

Comments

  1. That colour is so pretty and it looks so nice on you!! I have to check these out! oh, and I think baie sauvage means wild berry??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's most likely it! I totally forgot, omg, and I'm in French Immersion right now. Thank you! You really should check them out!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!