Review: Flower Cosmetics Glisten Up! Highlighter Chubby in Pearl Shimmer

TheBalm's Mary Lou Manizer is my HG highlighter, but that doesn't mean I didn't experiment back in the day. My previous favourite highlighter was Flower Cosmetics Glisten Up! Highlighter Chubby in Pearl Shimmer.






Isn't it stunning? This is the first product I ever tried from Flower. I was intrigued by the concept of a highlighter at the drugstore, especially a cream one!



I've heavily swatched it on my wrist here. It's a champagne shimmer that looks warm toned, but is surprisingly cool-neutral. 
On the face, it's very sheer. You can't really see where you've applied it until your face hits the light the right way, then, whoa, shimma. You have to make sure to blend this sucker out even if it looks natural enough to you. 



With a bit of trial and error, it adds a nice flattering glow to the face without sinking into pores or clinging to hairs. I feel like this is a good highlighter for people who have heard about the craze and want to try it out. It's not a must have, but probably your best option at the drugstore right now! If you've been itching to try the highlighting trend, but are not sure if you'll like it, this is a great trial piece and you should think about picking one up!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!