Review: Flower Cosmetics Color Play Crème Eyeshadow in Awesome Blossom

Though my experiences with Flower Beauty have all been relatively positive, I never think to pick any of their products up because the price stops me. However, when I saw a review of the Color Play Crème Eyeshadow the other day, I knew I had to have it and picked up the shade Awesome Blossom that very afternoon.


It comes in a small square container with slightly rounded sides, similar to L'oreal's Infallible eyeshadows were it not for the white square top. The packaging is entirely plastic and lightweight.



The product sits in a circular well and comes with a little presser tab just like the Infallible eyeshadows. However, that's where the similarities end. I actually thought it was a bit odd that a cream shadow would have a presser tab, but I supposed it's to keep the cap from getting messy. It can also be used as a spatula if you don't like sticking your fingers into your products.


When you remove the tab, there's a glob of wet cream shadow in the well. My glob didn't cover the entire well, which I was initially grumpy about because I thought it was a bit cheap that there was so little product.


I was slightly wrong. I still wish there was more product, but I certainly won't run out anytime soon. That top swatch is a dab of my fingertip's worth. Underneath it is what it looks like blended out to a sheer wash.

If I had to describe the texture using one word, it would be 'velvety'. It's a lot more liquid than your average cream eyeshadow, more the texture of a chocolate pudding with lots of cocoa in it, It's very easy to blend and manipulate, and surprisingly does not crease, even while it's setting. 


Awesome Blossom is a very confusing name for this shade; I don't know what kind of blossom is a copper-brown with silver shimmer. I initially bought this shade because I thought it looked like Marsala (and indeed, through the plastic casing, it does) but it's not. I still love it, though.


It's surprisingly flattering on me and really brings out the blue in my eyes! Usually I don't believe in that whole "certain colours flatter certain eye shades" stuff, but this shadow has me second-guessing with how magical it makes my eyes look.


To apply, I dab my finger onto the product and sweep in across my eye, starting at the inner corner. I make it more sheer on the inner corner, and build up the colour a bit more towards the outer lid and crease. I soften the edges with a camel-coloured powder shadow.


Sorry for such a picture-heavy review, but I just need to show off how good this shadow looks! 

The unfortunate thing about this eyeshadow is that I experience quite a bit of fading and creasing, even over a good primer. It becomes noticable about five hours of wear (fading in the inner corners and thin creasing), so if I'm going to be wearing it out for longer than that, I bring it with me so I can reapply. I skip over this on days I need something more long-wearing, but it's the perfect quick product to make me good while running out the door for doing errands! 

I'm actually very impressed by this shadow and will be checking out the rest of the shades in the line to see if I'm interested in any of them! If creasing isn't an issue to you, I recommend that you take a look too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!