FOTD with the Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca palette


The title of this post should really be "blatant narcissism". It's a blow-by-blow of one of my favourite looks I've ever done. It wasn't an easy look to do, but it came out swimmingly and I'd love to show it off to all of you.

 Here are all of the products I used! Bam, quite a lot.

The base: first I applied Too Faced's Primed & Poreless primer to my entire face. Then I used the Wet N Wild Coverall Corrector Wheel- the green on any blemishes or red spots, and the yellow on the dark circles under my eyes.
Then I used three different concealers- Maybelline Fit Me as a general all-over, then Hard Candy glamouflage very sparingly under my eyes to brighten them. Finally, I used Maybelline Master Conceal to cover up anything that couldn't be covered completely by the Fit Me. Then I slapped a layer of my holy grail foundation- Wet n Wild coverall cream- on top.


Now for the fun face stuff. I applied Joe Fresh Translucent powder all over my face to set my foundation. I then contoured my cheekbones with the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer. Then I applied my blush, essence blush up! ombre blush in Heat Wave, lightly with a large stipple brush. Then- la piece de resistance- I applied copious amounts of Joe Fresh Champagne highlighter to the very tops of my cheeks.


Eye stuff, minus the actual eyeshadow. For my brows, first I used the gel side of my elf Eybrow Kit to fill them in, then Rimmel Brow This Way on top to give them a bit of volume. I primed my eyelids with Smashbox 24 Hour eyeshadow primer, and for my liner I used Benefit's They're Real! Push-Up Liner in Beyond Black.


A bit out of order here- I topped off my look with essence maximum definition volume mascara.

Now onto the eyeshadow!


With all the lovably bright colours in this palette, for some reason I opted for a relatively tame look. I used these neutrals in the middle- Noble, a camel brown; Moulder; a yellow-toned cream; and Strutter, a nice coffee-with-cream brown- to create your basic light neutral eye.


And then I smoked the hell out of that eye look with this gorgeous, opulent forest green shimmer, Lemmy. I created a far-out wing look in the crease.

I used the Revlon Matte jumbo balm stick in Standout for my lips.

Here's the full face!


Look at that glow! I love how the wing peeks out above my crease.


When I close my eyes, the overall look is a little softer and more gradient.


Green and red is my favourite makeup colour combo for a reason.


Another shot of the highlight because, seriously.


And- I'm gonna be honest- I just love how blue my eyes look here.

Well, that's the look! What's your favourite look you've ever done?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!