Review: NYX Butter Lipstick in Little Susie

Here's another product that was saved last-minute from the garbage pile and given a second chance. I bought this NYX Butter Lipstick in Little Susie because I liked the colour and I'd heard raves about them before- but then, after applying it once, decided it was too patchy and clingy and promptly tossed it into the "don't like" bin.


The packaging is kind of cheap, but I like how it shows the colour of the lipstick. This shade is Little Susie. The name kind of skeeves me out. Would anyone mind telling me what it's a reference to? I seriously don't get it and just find it kind of creepy.


The tip of the lipstick comes curved like this, which again I don't really like because I have rather thin lips.


Little Susie is a the colour of rosewater.

The lipstick is buildable- sheer and a little milky in one swipe, and full coverage in a few. It has a light consistency.


Doesn't it look scrumptious on the lips? It has a very nice finish. I catch none of the "yummy" scent people describe, though, which is probably good for me since I prefer unscented lip products.


It isn't even setting into lip lines here! After a while it settles to a satin finish.


Eee, so pretty. I find that this lipstick lasts very well, too- about four hours and then it leaves a stain.

I need to stop judging stuff so quickly!

Comments

  1. Michael Jackson did a song called Little Susie. It might be in reference to that.

    The colour is gorgeous though! I've only ever bought on Butter lipstick, but I love the shade I have. I'd buy more but I realllly don't need more lip products at this point...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, that makes a lot more sense!

      Yeah, I actually thought that this one was quite similar to Fizzies so I don't think you need it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!