Megan Takes on the Trends: Marsala

It's a surprise I put this off so long! Today I'm shopping my existing stash of makeup for the Pantone 2015 colour of the year- Marsala!

When it was first revealed, I wasn't sure how to feel about it. It was so boring and not-me after the amazing Radiant Orchid of the past year. But I resolved to make it work.

Still, I haven't gone seeking out anything Marsala in particular. This is what I have:


A measly four products!


I have the Maybelline Eyestudio Baked Shadow duo in Sinful Sinnamon (the left shade, obviously.)


Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk (a bit of a stretch, I know.)


Flower Cosmetics Colour Play Creme Eyeshadow in Awesome Blossom, which looks more Marsalesque in the jar than on the arm or eyes.

And I also have Maybelline Creamy Matte lipstick in Touch of Spice.

(L-R) Sinful Sinnamon (left shade), Pomegranate Punk, Awesome Blossom, Touch of Spice

And here they are all slapped onto my face. The eye look didn't turn out too well, I applied Pomegranate Punk and layered Awesome Blossom on top, and it became a creasy mess within minutes. Touch of Spice is on my lips and I used Sinful Sinnamon as a blush/highlighter.




I might start using this eyeshadow as a blush in the future because it looks so good! How do you feel about Marsala?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!