Guest Post: Pastel Polishes from Trysh!


Hi guys! This is Trysh from Prairie Beauty Love and I'm really excited to guest post here about my favorite spring pastel nail polishes as a part of the Canadian Beauty Bloggers Network!

For me, one of the most exciting parts of spring is that I can shop my own collection for products that have been shelved over the winter, particularly all of those colourful nail polish shades that I always tuck away when the weather gets cold. Since the theme this month is all about pastels, I decided I would shop my own collection and show you guys some of my favorite pastels that I can't wait to bust out this spring.


RIMMEL London 60 Seconds Nail Polish in I Lilac You
The RIMMEL 60 Second polishes are some of my favorites at the drugstore and this has been the spring/summer standout of that line for me. This is just a really classic lilac créme shade that is opaque in 2 coats and dries incredibly quickly.


PURE ICE Nail Polish in Bikini
PURE ICE tends to really kill it when it comes to the formulations of their pastel polishes and I tend to pick them all up these days. This is a very pretty, milky pastel blue shade that leans just a little bit grey. Something about this shade reminds me of a rainy day. Anyway, this formula is great as far as pastels go, it's completely opaque in 2 coats and I've never had to fuss with getting it even and level.


PURE ICE Nail Polish in Home Run
This is another PURE ICE pastel favorite. I feel like every woman needs a classic, pale mint green in their collection and this is a great one. I feel like a broken record, but this is opaque in 2 coats and very even. Honestly, this is probably my favorite shade of the bunch. Ever tried mint green on your toes? I feel like it's not an obvious choice, but it's really adorable.


JULEP Nail Color in Leila
Yellow nail polish is notorious for being hard to work with and pretty much terrible. For me, this kind of breaks that mold. This is a pale yellow polish with a really subtle, beautiful shimmer that really catches the light. I also suspect that the shimmer makes the polish easier to work with. It's a little streaky on the first coat, but I can usually get it smooth and opaque in 2 coats. This can be a hard shade with a lot of skintones, including my own, so I tend to reserve this one for accent nails.


JULEP Nail Color in Cassie
This is my absolute perfect peach shade. The formula on this polish is more of a crelly, which I think lends itself to looking really natural on the skin. A lot of peach nail polishes in créme finishes can look stark and a little awkward sometimes, but this is just a no brainer. It does take a little bit more building for full opacity, but I actually find that with just one or two coats it gives a really nice finish to the nails even without full opacity. I especially recommend this for people who work in offices, because it's not quite nude but I can't imagine anyone ever being put off by this.


Thanks for reading and thanks to Megan for having me! 

Happy Spring!


{Megan: Thanks so much, Trysh! Those swatches look gorgeous and I'm craving those Julep polishes!}

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!