Review: Maybelline ColorSensational Matte Lipstick in Touch Of Spice

Here's something I picked up a while ago and forgot in my drafts- Maybelline ColorSensational Matte lipstick in Touch of Spice. I picked it up as I decided to give into the Marsala madness, because I'd heard it was the perfect Marsala colour (which is actually Maybelline's Untainted Spice, I picked up the wrong one.)


The packaging isn't something I'm terribly fond of, though it looks good. I like how Maybelline has different coloured caps for each type of lipstick, I just prefer the halfway caps. You feel me?


I also like how the bottom sticker matches the colour of the lipstick.


The lipstick itself isn't too pretty. It tends to gather up specks of dust and grime, and ball up. Geck.


It swatches nicely though, and is a pinky-brown mauve. Is that a thing? It has a red bit to it too! Basically, it's like my natural lip colour but if you turned up the saturation and turned down the brightness.

Here's what it looks like on my lips.



The application is precise and it's mostly matte, but creamy.


The texture is dry once you've worn it for a while, and does tend to catch on and accentuate lip flakes.


However- there's a huge caveat for me. This lipstick has a strange smell and taste, as does the rest of the ColorSensational line, as I've ultimately discovered. I don't like the weird sweet scent, but my sister thinks it's 'yummy'. It's just odd to me, though, and it's enough to stop me from reaching for my Maybelline lipsticks.

Sadly, I wasn't as impressed with this lipstick as I thought I would be and probably won't be wearing it much. However, the colour is flattering so if you've been looking for something relatively Marsala-like at the drugstore, and aren't sensitive to scents, you might want to take a look at this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!