My Skincare Routine: The Play-By-Play


Today I'm going to talk to you guys about something I rarely do: skincare. More specifically, my facial skincare routine as it exists on the daily, step by step, excluding special treats like masks and scrubs. Let's get right into it- here's the breakdown!


























Step 1: Makeup Remover Towelette. 

I use these Up&Up ones (the Target house brand)- I bought them in bulk after Target closed and the overstock got sent to Dollarama. I snatched about 15 packs of these for a buck twenty-five each, hell yeah. They're effective and don't irritate my eyes, and remove my makeup with efficacy.


Step 2: Rub-in cleanser.

Okay, this Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Melting Cleanser is a treat for me. I love this stuff. I actually usually use this or the towelettes, not both- but if I'm wearing heavy foundation then I'll rub this in before or after the towelette. It's a makeup remover/cleanser that you rub on to dry skin and it melts your makeup right off. I love it.


Step 3: Face Wash.

Okay, now time to actually wash my face. I've been using the Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash for a while and I'm not completely sold, but hey, it works, I guess. It doesn't even out the blemishy blotchiness of my skin tone but it seems to be working okay to prevent any huge breakouts from forming.


Step 4: Blemish Cream. 

In case the face wash didn't do enough to clear my skin, I use the accompanying Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion. I like the tingle it gives my face.


Step 5: Toner.

Since I fear that the tea tree oil might dry out my already chronically dry skin, I use this hydrating Vitamin E Toner from the Body Shop. I apply it to a cotton pad and dab my whole face.




















Step 6: Moisturizer.

I already have wrinkles at 18, as well as extremely dry skin, so I have no excuse to not be using a moisturizer. Right now I use the Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream. I haven't been using it for that long, so I'm not sure if it works well or not yet. I apply it mostly to the areas of my face that get dry and flaky- my forehead, my nose and my chin, with a thin layer around my eyes and on my cheeks and neck as well.

So, that's my skincare routine! Do you have any recommendations for me? Products I should try out? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!