Low-Makeup Challenge? Week 1

There I was, hopped up on my ADHD medication, when I thought I had a great idea. I dumped all of my makeup onto my bed and arranged them into piles by category: lippies, blushes, eyeliners, etc. Then I grabbed three ziploc freezer bags and labelled them 'WEEK 1', 'WEEK 2' and 'WEEK 3'.

I grabbed a small handful with my eyes closed from each pile and dropped one handful into each bag. I theorized that for a whole week, all I'd be able to use was what was in each bag, and an eyeshadow palette of my choice. I'll also be able to use my project use-it-up items. Here's what I chose for this week.


There's the assortment.


Sadly two of the blushes are really bright, when I'm trying to make the eyeshadow palette the star of my looks. I've got e.l.f. shimmering facial whip in Lilac Petal as my highlighter, a sample of EveryDay Minerals blush in Cameo, essence silky touch blush in Life's a Cherry. and Joe Fresh mousse blush in Melon.


Here's my lip products. I'm upset because all but the Bite Beauty ones are very drying. I have Kat Von D Everlasting Love liquid lipstick in Backstage Bambi, Wet n Wild Megalast Lipstick in Rose Bud, Bite Beauty lipstick duo in Tangerine/Lingonberry, and OCC lip tar in Kava Kava.


Eyeliners: Eek. These are bright and won't go with my eyeshadow palette. There's Sephora Collection Colourproof liquid liner in Love Song, Sephora Collection 12hr Contour Eye Pencil in Banana Split, essence liner in Berry Merry, and Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On eye pencil in Deviant.


And here's the star: I'll be doing a challenge week with this one. This was my first high-end eyeshadow palette and it's been very neglected as of late; the Urban Decay Ammo palette. I'll be doing my best to create different looks for each day of the week. 

So, how do you think I'll do? And what do I call this challenge?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!