My 5 Favourite Shower Products + 1 I'm Pining After!

Time for something a little different! A friend of mine requested that I do a post on some of my favourite products to use in the shower, so that's what you'll be reading about today!

Shower products are honestly my guilty pleasure. I own so many scrubs and soaps that it's probably sinful, so when something is in my top 5, you know I stand by it. 

Let's start with a body wash!


The Body Shop Aromatherapy line has always been a big favourite of mine, and my favourite scent that they make is the Stress Relief Eucalyptus and Spearmint. I snagged this Oil to Cream cleanser in a holiday sale and I've been loving it since. It looks like I've hardly used any, because you need so little product to clean your whole body (though it should be noted that I'm not somebody who runs through shower gel particularly often because I have so many on the go).

What I love about this product specifically is the scent- it is soothing and relaxing, helps relieve tension, and gives me peace, morning or night. It's also spectacular to use when you're feeling a little under the weather because it opens those sinuses right up! The formula of the cleanser itself is great, too- the oil aspect is very conditioning but doesn't feel slippery, and it lathers up just the right amount. This is one of the few body washes that I'll probably repurchase when I run out.



Next up is a body scrub that I tried on my friend Chelle's recommendation! Like I said, I've tried probably upwards of 25 different body scrubs at this point, and this is the best one I've ever tried. The texture of it is incredible- it feels like sugar cookie dough with chunks of sugar, if that makes any sense. It doesn't slip out of your fingers and isn't too rough on the skin but is still scrubby enough to get rid of the calluses on my feet! The honey and almond extracts in the scrub are super soft and conditioning on the skin, and the whole thing smells like sweet fluffy pancakes. What I also love about this scrub is that it doesn't contain microbeads, so it's environmentally friendly! I can't recommend this stuff enough. 


Third is a product that I love using in the summer especially, but it's nice all year round! I love the Coco Shea line from Bath & Body Works in all its iterations (Coconut, Cucumber, Lavender and Honey) but this coconut in-shower body lotion really takes the cake! 

You're probably thinking, what? An in-shower body lotion? Well, this is basically conditioner for your body. You slather on a layer, let it sit (it doesn't dissipate a ton with just running water so you can continue to wash your hair or whatever) and then rinse it off while rubbing it in just before you exit the shower. It leaves the skin SO FREAKING SOFT and the scent is strong enough to last a couple hours after you get out of the shower- which is good, because this one smells like yummy coconut cream. Love this stuff!


And lastly I have two hair products that I can't live without! The Devacurl Melt into Moisture Matcha Butter Mask is super important because I don't use conditioner (I have very short hair and a sensitive-ass scalp). Instead, I use this mask whenever my hair is feeling dry or dull and it brings my hair back to life! It gives shine, moisture, softness, volume, and most importantly, it doesn't irritate my scalp at all. 

The Christophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Scrub with Sea Salt is the single most important tool in my arsenal when it comes to fighting my scalp psoriasis. What I love about this scalp scrub that makes it better than others, is that you have to use so little of it to get a satisfactory result, which makes it worth the (frankly exorbitant) price. Seriously, a rice-sized piece is enough for me to shampoo the whole back of my head. This scrub also lathers up in a way that cleans the hair too, and rinses out nicely without chunks getting stuck in your hair or ears. 

Lastly, here's a product that I'm seriously lusting after.

Photo Credit: SpaceNK

Ever since the REN brand representative showed me their Atlantic Kelp and Magnesium Anti-Fatigue Body Wash, I've been aching (literally) to try it. I suffer from lots of body pain due to my chronic illness so something to use after my long shifts of being on my feet would be nice.

That's if for this post! What are some of your must-haves for the shower?





Comments

  1. Congratulation for the great post. Those who come to read your Information will find lots of helpful and informative tips. Mold Remediation Mullica Hill

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!