Makeup Inventory And Swatches: Blue Lipsticks!

I've been recently trying to keep track of my lipsticks in order to use what I have and avoid buying duplicates. So here's a swatch gallery of my blue lipsticks and glosses, as well as quick breakdowns on the formulas!

I have 11 blue lip products. Most are liquid lipsticks because I find that they stay better without smudging or fading, because nothing looks more horrid on me than faded blue lips. I don't want to look like a fresh corpse (but all the power to you if you do, you sexy zombie!)

We'll start with the glossy/sheer toppers.


From left to right, I have the essence Holo Wow! Dewy Lip Shine in 04 Dragonfly Shimmer, the Sephora x Pantone Universe Modern Watercolours lip gloss in Serenity, and the Wet N Wild Megalast Iridescent Lip Colour in Unicorn Soul.


Here they are swatched. 

The essence lip gloss is actually very sheer on the lips, and the formula reminds me of the old Maybelline Baby Lips Glosses- very juicy and kind of thin, with the teeniest bit of grit.

The Sephora Collection x Pantone Universe gloss is a creamy, milky translucent gloss on the lips.

The Wet N Wild Sheer lipstick adjusts to the pH of your lips, supposedly, and turns into a purple-pink with blue sparkle. It's a good dupe for the Too Faced Unicorn Tears lipstick.



I have four high-end (well, mid-range really) blue lipsticks. Three are liquid lipsticks that dry down and one is a pigmented lip lacquer. From left to right, I have the Kat Von D Everlasting Glimmer Veil in Satellite, The Smashbox Be Legendary Liquid Metal in Iced Out, the Kat Von D Everlasting Glimmer Veil in Reverb, and then along the bottom I have the Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in 30.



And here are the swatches!

The Kat Von D Glimmer Veils are a thin but pigmented liquid lipstick with tons of glitter.They also stain, which can be a detractor for some, but I like it because it gives me some leeway if it fades in the center of my mouth and I don't have time to reapply right away. They do layer really well on themselves, unlike most liquid lipsticks. I actually love these products to the bottom of my soul, but it is worth noting that I no longer support Kat Von D because of her deplorable stance on vaccination.

The Smashbox Be Legendary Liquid Metal is a product I used to wear all the time, but that I don't pull out often, if ever, nowadays. It's super-pigmented but rather thick, and it's a little too much maintenance for work and commuting; though it's perfect for pictures.

The Sephora Collection Cream lip stain is a product that I use on my brows more often than my lips! There's just something about the texture of these stains that makes them work perfectly as a brow pomade. They are gorgeous on the lips too though, just your standard comfortable, pigmented liquid lipstick.



Finally I have four drugstore liquid lipsticks in blue shades. From left to right, we have the Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink in 105 Explorer, the essence Vibrant Shock lip paint in 05 Nightstalker, the NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Little Denim Dress, and the essence Vibrant Shock Lip Paint in 06 Black Widow.




My swatches got a little messy here due to staining, but here they are. 

The Maybelline Matte Ink has impressive staying power but feels a little "rubbery" and uncomfortable on my lips at times, and doesn't have the easiest application. I do adore the colour, though.

The essence lip paints require a few coats and don't have the best staying power, but they stain like a B and the finish when initially applied is gorgeous. 

The NYX Liquid Suede transfers quite a bit but otherwise the staying power is ok. Its pigment is impressive, though.

That's it for my blue lipsticks! Request some other colours in the comments!

Comments

  1. This is a really informative knowledge, Thanks for posting this informative Information. Mold Removal Swedesboro

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!