Thank U, Next: Project Pan 2018 Finale!

Welcome back! I've been away for quite some time, and I'm sure no one wants to hear why. But what's important is that I started a project that I actually didn't abandon- so, here is the finale of my Project Pan for 2018! 

I had started a Project Pan to get through a backlog of deluxe-sized skincare and show some more love to the drugstore makeup products in my collection. I succeeded in most of my goals for the project, finishing all of the skincare products and hitting pan or getting decent use out of a lot of the makeup items!

I finished all of these!

I had also added a few extra products to the project throughout the year. As I finished something up, I'd throw something else in and focus on it.

Okay, so the original project had a total count of 17 products. Of those, my goal was to finish at least 10. I added 2 more products throughout the year for a total of 19. So how did I do?

I finished 11 products and hit pan on 3! I'm super satisfied with my progress and I had a lot of fun doing the project.

Now to show you my progress from where we left off on Quarter 2!


I finished both The Body Shop Drops Of Light Pure Healthy Brightening Serum and the Vitamin E Aqua Boost Moisturizer (which I threw out the empty jar for, whoops). I wouldn't repurchase either, because I found the serum didn't do anything for my skin's brightness, and the moisturizer, while really nice, took forever to get through and I tend to have a few creams on the go at any given time.



I also finished (and then accidentally chucked) the Farmacy Green Clean balm. I really do like this, and I actually received another one in gratis. I'd not purchase it myself because I prefer a thicker balm but I definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a phenomenal lightweight cleansing oil/balm, especially for travelling.


I finished The Body Shop Aloe toner and I honestly miss it so much! I'd consider repurchasing it, especially now that I've run out of all my toners.

Sorry for that extra shot of the serum, ha.

Now for the juicy stuff- the makeup!!!

January

I wanted to finish the Tom Ford lipstick, use the Hard Candy liquid bronzer more, get through a decent chunk of the L'Oreal Souffle Blush, and hit pan on the Wet N Wild Shadow single. How did I do?

Starting with the blush, I feel like the summer of 2018 was a big time for cream products (and that market is only getting more and more popular!) I used this product a ton over the year, and it's still one of the most beautiful cream blushes that I've found, even though I now have others in my collection. So while my intention was to chuck this out at the end of the year, I'm gonna be a brat and hang onto it, because I've learned to really love it, and now I'm attached to it.

The Hard Candy liquid bronzer is fucking ENDLESS, man. I must have used the thing about 25 times over the year, which isn't a ton, but more than I would have if I hadn't been focusing on using it at all. I might roll this one into my project for next year, seeing as I've been trying out a reverse foundation routine and this looks amazing as a part of that base.


An unfortunate accident befell the Tom Ford lipstick, as you can see. I was about three-quarters of the way to finishing it up when, a month ago, my friend sat on it and melted the damn thing. Just when I was starting to like it! Oh well. Fate, I suppose.

The MAKE UP FOR EVER Mist and Fix was eh and it took me longer than I thought I would to finish it up, but goddamnit, I did it.



I hit a really good amount of pan on the Wet N Wild Shadow Single in Brulee, I'm super proud of my progress on that one!

I also finally finished the goddamn MUFE Aqua XL paint. I love these but I just... I dunno. It got boring real quick.

The Wet N Wild PhotoFocus Powder was the real star of this project, I think. I started out not even really liking it, and by the end of the project, I've hit pan and it's Holy Grail status. It made it into my summer favourites post. A huge win.

April


December

And the magnum opus- the cheek products, here they are. 

The essence blush in autumn peach served me very well over the past year, and years before as well. However, the formula has now started to not perform as well as it once did, so I'm only going to hold onto it until I find a dupe, and then I will give it an honourable funeral.

The Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer, I'm astonished by my progress on this one! Super proud. And even more astonished by the fact that... I actually bought a backup about a week ago. I have truly never found a bronzer that I love more than this one.

The one other product that I forgot to take a picture of, the MUFE Smoothing Primer- I don't know where the hell it went. Again, that's probably a sign.

Thank you so much for hanging in with me! I look forward to having another Project Pan next year- what kind of things would you like to see included?


Comments

  1. Hello, an amazing Information dude. Thanks for sharing this nice information with us. Mold Removal Glassboro

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!