Project Pan 2018 - Second Quarterly Update!

Now that August is nearly upon us, it's time for me to track my progress on my Project Pan 2018 items! The past few months have been interesting in terms of their use- there are some I've made a surprising amount of progress on, and some that I'm surprised aren't finished yet. Plus some that I may have forgotten to photograph. Nonetheless, here they are!

Let's start off with skincare.



I finished the two deluxe-sized moisturizers in this project! However, I moved out of my parents' house in May and somehow lost these empties in the move, which has me crushed. But I did finish them!

The Origins Ginzing Energy-Boosting Gel Moisturizer is something that was perfectly nice, but never wowed me enough to consider purchasing. It's not even something I would recommend to anyone in particular. Like.... it's just the most lightly hydrating, slightly refreshing moisturizer, and I feel like I could have been impressed with it in my teens, but skincare has come so far in the past few years and I've tried out so much that this kind of light gel formula with no added benefits doesn't wow me anymore.

The GLAMGLOW Volcasmic Matte Glow Moisturizer, however, is something I end up recommending to a lot of people! I don't know if I'd buy it for myself anymore, but I know at one point, I really wanted to. It's a really nice smoothing moisturizer that performs extremely well under makeup and didn't break me out despite the heavy sweet fragrance. That being said, I still have a ton of day creams to get through, and what I'm really on the hunt for is a good night cream. I still do think that this is an amazing product for someone who wants to get into skincare but is still largely makeup-oriented.

Now onto the things pictured!



I'm very proud of the progress I'm making on the Body Shop Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet! We're nearly at the bottom and I'd say I have about a month of use left (and that's sporadic use). I still love the product, but it's yet another moisturizer that I only like to use in the daytime and I have a stockpile of those!

I thought I was just about done The Body Shop Drops Of Light Pure Healthy Brightening Serum because it's been difficult to get any product to flow into the dropper- but I tipped the bottle over this morning and accidentally poured out way too much into my hand, so there's still some product yet! Nonetheless I'm really close to finishing this and excited at the prospect!




The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner has maybe three uses left in it! I really did enjoy using this product and if all my other toners ran out, I would reconsider purchasing it. I will be checking out the rest of the Aloe line from The Body Shop, though, because of how much I loved this product and am currently loving the Aloe Protecting Day Cream.



I'm scraping the bottom edges of my deluxe sample of the Farmacy Green Clean Cleansing Balm! I tend to only use this on days where I've done heavy liner, glitter, or face paint. In that sense, I'm trying to pan it while still saving it because I don't yet have another cleansing balm to replace it with. When I've finished it, though, I may reward myself by purchasing the Sephora Collection Oil Balm Makeup Remover, because I tried a sample of it and really enjoyed it. We shall see

I forgot to take a picture of the MILK Makeup Dry Shampoo, but that's honestly for the best because I'm just going to go ahead and take it out of the project. I haven't used it once since the last update, but I have decluttered other dry shampoos because I don't use them, so I'm going to keep this one hanging around in the bathroom in case my shower breaks and I really need it or something.



Now, onto the makeup! I hit pan on the Wet N Wild ColorIcon Shadow single in Brulee! It's a baby pan, but it's still there! My only goal for this product was to hit pan, so the rest of the progress I make on the shadow this year will just be a bonus!

I think the product I'm most excited for on my progress this quarter is my Wet N Wild Photofocus Pressed Powder. At the beginning of this project, I didn't really like this product- but in forcing myself to use it, I've actually come to love it and will probably repurchase it (albeit in a different shade!) This powder even made an appearance in my most recent favourites post, and I can tell that I'm so close to hitting pan!



The pan has definitely grown on my cheek products! I'm still loving the essence silky touch blush in Autumn Peach, but I've enjoyed using a stipple brush with it lately because the powder is getting a bit dustier. I'm so glad I'm managing to get a ton of use out of it before it actually kicks the bucket in terms of quality.

There doesn't appear to be much progress on the L'Oreal MagicSmooth Souffle Blush in Cherubic, but I swear I've actually been using it quite a bit lately! It's just so dang pigmented that I can't pack it on thick, which is honestly nice. I'm loving more and more how this looks on the skin especially with the hotter weather. It's not a dewy cream blush, but it somehow adds a lot of life to the cheeks without being shiny or shimmery. I'm nowhere close to getting tired of it!

Another product I still adore is my Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer! I'm making great progress on it and I believe that I'll have it done by the end of the year!


Lastly, for the makeup products I've been struggling on. Even though I've been keeping these on my desk, I have no real desire to use them... The three Make Up For Ever items are almost empty, so I don't want to take them out of the project. I'm going to try to finish them up and if they're not gone by the end of October then I'll replace them with other things.

The Tom Ford lipstick is just such a nude colour that I've been having a hard time wearing it (which sounds ridiculous, I know). I think I'm going to try pairing it with liners and glosses rather than wearing it on its own, and hopefully that will make me feel less bored with it.

Well, that's it for this update! If there's any type of item you'd like to see me pan next, just let me know in the comments!

Comments

  1. This is a really informative knowledge, Thanks for posting this informative Information. Mold Removal Woolwich

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!