Project Pan 2020: Mini Madness!


Minis do have their place in my collection. A lot of them are point perks, bonuses, or samples from
Sephora. I am grateful that I got to try out some formulas that I wouldn’t have necessarily sought out
on my own. Working at Sephora, I’m expected to be a near-expert about every single product, but I
can’t buy every single product, so minis are crazy useful, especially for products that normally take
a while to get through (like lipstick, or blush) or are very costly in a full size (like high-end skincare). 


However, I’ve accumulated a small army of these minis through swaps, gratis, point perks and the like
- and I often forget to use them because they’re so small. I want to dedicate a project in 2020 to using
them up!


I figure that focusing on mini products will give me more frequent gratification than full-size products
will, and will help me to clear my collection of excess clutter.

I’m going to start out with ten items, and just like in my previous Project Pans, when I finish a product,
I will cycle a new one in.



FENTY BEAUTY PRO FILT’R SOFT MATTE PRIMER: I think I only have a few uses left in this, and it’s been nice so far. My goal is to use this up and then
have a definitive opinion on it, since it’s pretty bland as far as primers go- I’m going to use the rest of
my time with it to figure out anything about the formula that might set it apart from others.

TATCHA THE SILK CANVAS PRIMER: This little thing is so precious. This is a point perk that I grabbed multiples of- one for me, two for my
pro kit. I’ve determined that it’s not the perfect primer for me, but it’s good enough to use up. I’d like to
use it up and then maybe depot one of my broken lipsticks into the container or something.



OLEHENRIKSEN BANANA BRIGHT EYE CREAM: This was one of the first skincare items I ever received as gratis at work, which means it’s pretty
damn old. This taught me that eye cream takes an insane amount of time to go through, especially
when you’re rotating through different items. I just want to use this up and get it out of my collection,
it’s a good enough eye cream and I don’t have enough left to pass it on to someone else in good faith.


MILK MAKEUP HIGHLIGHTER IN TURNT: This is the newest item in the project, and might end up being the hardest to use up. It’s a cream
highlighter, but it’s rather intense and has glitter shot throughout. It looks gorgeous on, but I don’t
reach for it often. I know the Milk sticks take forever to get through and go sour rather quickly, though,
so I want to put a focus on this guy before it gets gunky on me. I want to use it at least halfway up.




TARTE AMAZONIAN CLAY 12-HOUR POWDER BLUSH IN PAAARTY: This is the Goonies of blush. It never says die. I’ve had this since 2017 (it was the Sephora birthday
gift for that year), and I just want to hit pan on it, for Christ’s sake. I’ve used it a shitton and no dice.
It’s a gorgeous blush that goes with almost any look, so I don’t think I’ll have a problem focusing on it.
As soon as I hit pan I’m gonna lose my shit.

BOBBI BROWN BRONZING POWDER IN 2: This thing is so tiny and pretentious, it makes me laugh. I tend to use it as a contour rather than a
bronzer, because it’s difficult to get a larger bronzer brush into the pan. I’d be super proud of myself if
I hit pan on this, so that’s my goal with it. It’s a pretty thin, hard-packed formula, so it may take a while.



URBAN DECAY VICE LIPSTICK IN MANIC: Manic- that’s funny, that’s how I was feeling when I came up with this project. I love the Urban Decay
Vice lipsticks with my whole heart and soul, but this isn’t a colour I would normally gravitate towards.
I want to get at least halfway through it.

KISS MOISTURE TATTOO LIP STAIN IN LOST CHERRY: I think I got this as a freebie for standing in line at the Kiss booth at IMATS. It’s a really nice stain-
that I never use. The colour’s right up my alley though, meaning I probably have several dupes in my
collection, so I just want to use this up!

BUXOM FULL-ON LIP CREAM IN WHITE RUSSIAN: I actually really like the Buxom glosses, but I’ve never purchased a full-sized one. It takes me forever
to get through lip gloss. I just want to use this mini up- it’s a slightly milky nude, so it’ll be easy to
throw on top of most lipsticks.

CHARLOTTE TILBURY REVOLUTION LIPSTICK IN PILLOW TALK: Ah, the famous CT Pillow Talk. This was picked up as an 100 pt perk at Sephora. I kind of like it on
me, but there’s something that I don’t adore about it. I’d never purchase the full size, but I don’t think
I’ll have a huge problem using it up. It’s worth noting, though, that I barely ever run through lipsticks
because I’m just not the type of person to re-apply lipstick throughout the day, especially if it’s a nude.
I normally just through on a balm or gloss if my lipsticks come off. Since this guy isn’t scribed, I’ll
have to leave it at home most days, so I might not go through it as fast as one would expect.


Well, that's it for now! I'll update as soon as I make any significant progress!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!