FOTD: Wearable Rose Quartz & Serenity

I'm always excited for Pantone's Colour of the Year- and for the year of 2016, they chose two! Those colours are Rose Quartz, a light baby pink, and Serenity, a baby blue. The colours have received a fair amount of backlash from the makeup community, because pastel makeup isn't considered very wearable, and on the technical side, most pastel makeup on the market (especially matte makeup, as is the trend of the mo') is low-performing. However, I love the colours- they remind me of the Transgender Pride Flag- so I figured I'd take a crack at making these colours flattering and wearable!


These products are the stars of the show! 


First, the eyes. I'm using the Illamasqua shadow single in Creep as my Serenity colour in this look. To complement it, I'm using the cooler medium browns in my Too Faced Natural Matte palette. 


First, I used the shade Lace Teddy, a peach, as my transition shade, buffing it rather heavily into the crease. Then I buffed Nudie, a light cool brown, on top of it, and then defined the outer crease and V with Cashmere Bunny and a bit of Risque. 

Then, I patted on a bit of white shadow base (the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk), and used a flat shader brush to pack Creep all over my lid.


For the lower lashline, I heavily blended Nudie, Cashmere Bunny and Risque to create a diffused cool brown effect. I lined my waterline with a Sky Blue liner pencil by Rimmel, and put Girl Talk by NYX in my inner corner. Then I applied Butter London Wink brown mascara to both my top and bottom lashes. 


For my face, all that pink colour and shine is the work of a one dollar product! The e.l.f. essential all-over colour stick in Lilac Petal is a gorgeous dewy pink. I applied it all over my cheeks, and a bit on the tip of my nose, blending it on top of my foundation using a damp beauty sponge. 


For my lips, I'm using my newest lipstick obsession- the LORAC Alter Ego lipstick in Girl Next Door, a gorgeous, pigmented light pink. I topped it with a light pink Bite Beauty lip gloss from last year's Watercolour Lip Library.


I think the whole look was a success! I would definitely wear it out, and though I agree that these colours might not work for everyone, it was fun to play with them! I'm sure I'll be wearing my fair share of Rose Quartz and Serenity come springtime.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!