February Favourites 2016!


February, the shortest month of the year, has almost come to an end, and while I wasn't enamored with too many products this month, I definitely fell hard for a couple.



So we've got a blush, an eyeliner, an eyeshadow palette and ... a concealer?! Other than Maybelline Fit Me? This may be interesting. And with the exception of the eyeliner, I bought all of these products this month.



I bought the Stila Eyes Are the Window to the Mind eyeshadow palette as a splurge for my birthday, after wanting it for probably a year. I'm so impressed with the quality of this all-matte palette, and now I have no desire to seek out any other matte shadows. These are perfect. The orange shade is my favourite, there are so many beautiful transition shades, the black is such good quality, and that dark plum is such a great, unexpected colour to deepen the outer corner with! Additionally, these blend like a dream. I just, freaking love this palette.




The Urban Decay Velvet 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner in Plushie is a product I've had for a while. It's a beautiful royal purple with a velvety matte consistency that stays put on the waterline for hours and also works to create beautiful, opaque wings (much better quality than UD's regular liner pencils, I find). I found that this liner on the waterline really complemented the neutral looks, both warm and cool-toned, that I created with the Stila palette.

This Joe Fresh Illuminating concealer is the perfect tone for me, pinky fair. It's a gorgeous consistency- less creamy than the Maybelline Fit Me, but somehow even more blendable. I tend to mix the two, but if I weren't wearing foundation and had to pick a concealer to wear, it would be this one. It blends out so naturally and never looks harsh, cakey or stark. It doesn't even crease on me! I picked this up as an impulse purchase on my birthday and it's a total win, especially for ten dollars. New Holy Grail Material?

The Milani Baked Blush in Berry Amore was an unlikely favourite. It's much more berry coloured on the cheeks than it is swatched, and it was just so easy to slap on with any look, especially this time of year. It added a beautiful flush with a healthy bit of sheen, too, which was necessary as I was doing mostly matte eye looks this month.



Here are swatches of the Milani Baked Blush in Berry Amore and the Urban Decay Velvet 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Plushie.

What products did you love this month?

Comments

  1. Hello, an amazing Information dude. Thanks for sharing this nice information with us. Mold Removal Blackwood

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!